Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carry Builds+Tower targeting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Carry Builds+Tower targeting 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Aurum19 » October 15, 2012 7:06am | Report
Why does it seem like most every carry builds the same way. (note: I have only played like 4 games, and only as Luna and Chaos Knight, however have seen other carries). Everyone seems to get power treads, magic stick, helm of dominator (eventually satanic), manta style etc. Is it just me or does pretty much everyone build the same way. One more thing, what is the pattern of the turrets, sometimes they hit me, sometimes creep.

Aurum19

Steam: Aurum19
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 15, 2012 7:16am | Report
Not every carry build's the same, but some heroes have similar builds.

The turret isn't like in League of Legends ( focus on the minions then on the champions ), here, it attacks the closest target I believe, or the target that deals most damage to the tower, I'm not sure of this, it's pretty dynamic.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » October 15, 2012 7:52am | Report
Well, the tower targetting in dota isn't just that simple.

Towers in Dota have a priority list that tells them, who they should attack.

tier 1 priority: Heroes that attack allied heroes
tier 2 priority: creeps that attack allied heroes
tier 3 priority: creeps that attack an allied tower
tier 4 priority: heroes that attack an allied tower
tier 5 priority: creep that is closest to the tower
tier 6 priority: hero that is closest to the tower
(if a hero and a creep are in the same range, the tower will priorize the creep; its the same if a hero and a creep attack the tower)

creep targetting is pretty similar

crreps and towers know when you right click them or an allied hero, so you should not tower dive an enemy by rightklicking him before you are in attack range ;)

aoe spells usually do not raise any tower attention (I'm not entirely sure about single target spells)

hope this helps and I didn't forget something :)

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 15, 2012 8:43am | Report
Thank you Allegence. + 1 rep

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rupe » October 15, 2012 9:30am | Report
Well put Allegence, I was wondering this myself. <3

♦♣♠ Twitter : https://twitter.com/RupeSC2 ♠♣♦
♦♣♠ Dota2 Profile : https://dotabuff.com/players/23400425 ♠♣♦
♦♣♠ Steam Profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983666153 ♠♣♦

Rupe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Melderv » October 16, 2012 8:34am | Report
Carries usually build items with percentages, because they scale better late game (note that attack speed is not really a percentage). Lifesteal gets stronger as you get stronger. Your illusions from Manta Style get stronger as you do as well (not considering the benefit of the confusion). Other items that provide criticals are percent-based on your damage, so while they remain in your inventory once you buy them, they continue to get stronger. Armor-reducing items are also part of this game, as 1 point of Armor adds 7% EHP (Effective Hit Points). Reducing that will help you kill a target late-game where Armor is all the rage (note that this is also why buffing up Armor early is ineffective, since you have little HP).

Melderv

Steam: Melderv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » October 17, 2012 5:21pm | Report
For the turret thing, Allgience did a good job of answering, but there's a video on YouTube by dotacinema that talks about agree from creeps and towers, and it's worth checking out.

As for carries, the builds are similar, but some carries would go for different items than others. For example, Drow Ranger wouldn't go for a Desolater or Mjollnir, but Sniper would. Some carries get Phase Boots, others get Power Treads, and even some get Arcane Boots.

Hope I helped. :)

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » October 17, 2012 7:57pm | Report
In the end, most carry builds are quite similar but that just seems to be the most efficient way to build the hero. Not much else to say.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved