Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Snowballers?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best Snowballers? 38 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

Who is the best snowballer?
Legion Commander
Pudge
Silencer
Alchemist
Slark
Templar Assassin
Night Stalker
Riki
Storm Spirit
Other (Please state)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » December 10, 2014 1:29pm | Report
So, I tend to play carry heroes with a sucky early game who progressively get stronger. I especially like ones that snowball hard. I was wondering who you thought the best snowballer (basically, the one you think is the best at getting more kills because they just got a kill).

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » December 10, 2014 3:35pm | Report
Slark ... get 3 core items up on him before 30 minutes and its GG

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » December 10, 2014 4:04pm | Report
Sven

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 10, 2014 5:43pm | Report
There's heroes that snowball pretty easily, like Huskarl Rove, Templar Ninja, Tumblrsaw, TheJuggernaut*****, Naix Assassin, and Zoos. Being at a disadvantage against them is really a giant pain.

But I think the proper question is who is scariest to allow snowball, and that's where I think pushers with scaling skills, such as K-Awesome Knight, Tiny the Stoned Giant, and Horror Blade dominate. If the game is favorable to them, your chances of winning are really really low and they can smash you pretty quick.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 10, 2014 6:24pm | Report
Storm Spirit.You can't do nuttin' man.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 10, 2014 6:28pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

Storm Spirit.You can't do nuttin' man.

Agreed. A super early Orchid Malevolence allows him to nuke down any foe, and an early BKB makes it so that you can't silence or do **** to him. It's scary, man. I've been both on the giving and the receiving end, and with storm's infinite mobility and huge nukes, enemies can't run from him once he's out of control. This is why he's the ultimate snowballer.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Te Wheke » December 10, 2014 6:29pm | Report
He's not the best but I really like Silencer because when he snowballs he makes the enemy team weaker. He can also transition from early game support to late game carry if he starts snowballing without the need to buy a lot of damage boosting items. Combining intelligence boosting support items like Sheep Stick, Orchid, and Force Staff with a bunch of stolen intelligence means you only need a cheap attack speed booster like Yasha to have DPS on par with a lot of carries, in conjunction with a nearly unlimited mana pool.

I've started games as the ward ***** and without neglecting my support duties have wound up with a base attack of 300 (you don't even need to be the one getting the kills). Admittedly I'm talking about trench where a lot of players only know noob heroes like Sniper, Riki, Drow Ranger, Viper, and Pudge (obviously he takes more skill but he's still in nearly every trench pub), so Silencer's skills will ruin them when they don't realise they need to cast spells or they'll keep taking damage or be disarmed. Which means that I can easily bring down carries with Last Word, followed by Curse of the Silent, combined with my snowballing right click damage (which they never expect to be that high) and any lockdown items I might have - and that's not even including Global Silence.

Favourite thing with Silencer is a freshly dead carry on all chat crying: "I couldn't attack! Report Silencer for hax!"

Te Wheke

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 10, 2014 8:30pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

There's heroes that snowball pretty easily, like Huskarl Rove, Templar Ninja, Tumblrsaw, TheJuggernaut*****, Naix Assassin, and Zoos. Being at a disadvantage against them is really a giant pain.

But I think the proper question is who is scariest to allow snowball, and that's where I think pushers with scaling skills, such as K-Awesome Knight, Tiny the Stoned Giant, and Horror Blade dominate. If the game is favorable to them, your chances of winning are really really low and they can smash you pretty quick.

Cracked me up pretty hard! :D

Also without a doubt storm spirit. Just a silence and bkb and BOOM!

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 10, 2014 9:38pm | Report
For the best snowballer I would say Night Stalker.

Quoted:
(basically, the one you think is the best at getting more kills because they just got a kill)

For that I would say Spectre, she can be devastating with little golds.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 10, 2014 9:47pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

For the best snowballer I would say Night Stalker.

The only problem with Night Stalker is .... well ..... day.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved