Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Suggestion] - Making commenting and posting threads more convenient

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » [Suggestion] - Making commenting and posting threads more convenient 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » June 22, 2015 2:45pm | Report
So this lacking feature popped in my head while I was writing a huge post about Skyrim and how I could make my playthrough more like this community's playthrough.

1. When you have written something in the text field, the page would ask whether you'd like to move from that page or not.

2. Preview button when you are making new threads. This exists in editing the comments but not in the thread-making.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 22, 2015 2:53pm | Report
I totally agree with the second point and it makes sense to get it added, but I'm not sure what you mean by the first point, could you give me an example or a better explanation?
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 22, 2015 2:57pm | Report
I think Janitsu means a way of saving comments for when you accidently close the tab. Because that has happened to me too and you lose everything you wrote in your comment so far. It's the GRRRR moment.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » June 22, 2015 3:00pm | Report

from mobafire

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 22, 2015 3:02pm | Report
So when you plan to post something and you exit the page while posting that pops up?

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » June 22, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Yeah, whenever any text field on the page has something else than the message saying something like "write here"

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 22, 2015 3:13pm | Report
I understand.

I've actually encountered these problems before and thought about some fixes, these are really good ideas, thanks for bringing them up Janitsu!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved