Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

is this a serious forum?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Support » is this a serious forum? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Beliad » July 5, 2015 10:40am | Report
hello

i am looking to post a thread about playing ranked matchmaking and i have some ideas and things i would like to bring up for debate, but i just want to make sure that this is a serious forum with members who are mature and helpful. i was posting a thread on a website called reddit and i barely got any responses except for a few immature responses from people who didnt seem to know what they were talking about, so i dont really wanna waste my time again, thanks.

Beliad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » July 5, 2015 11:31am | Report
Beliad wrote:

hello

i am looking to post a thread about playing ranked matchmaking and i have some ideas and things i would like to bring up for debate, but i just want to make sure that this is a serious forum with members who are mature and helpful. i was posting a thread on a website called reddit and i barely got any responses except for a few immature responses from people who didnt seem to know what they were talking about, so i dont really wanna waste my time again, thanks.

Look at the threads and decide for yourself.
Welcome to dotafire; feel free to introduce yourself on this thread.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 5, 2015 11:34am | Report
Yes, there are helpful people here, don't worry. You can post detailed threads and you won't get childish comments.

This works in the other way too : there is a pretty strict no-troll policy here and reddit style troll threads get instantly locked.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » July 5, 2015 11:35am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Yes, there are helpful people here, don't worry. You can post detailed threads and you won't get childish comments.

This works in the other way too : there is a pretty strict no-troll policy here and reddit style troll threads get instantly locked.

Except kyfrog. We love that guy.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 5, 2015 11:40am | Report
I am confident when I say that we are the friendliest and most open-minded community out there.

Post anything you'd like without hesitation and people will listen and help.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 5, 2015 12:01pm | Report
As long as you are open to debate and do not mind people disagreeing with you. Go ahead :)
the more the merrier!

as you can see in the theory crafting section we have many different threads with all types of quick lively and indepth discussions on a variety of topics so feel free to post away! :)

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Beliad » July 6, 2015 6:18pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I am confident when I say that we are the friendliest and most open-minded community out there.

Post anything you'd like without hesitation and people will listen and help.

So far so good but there are a few badly behaving forum trolls sneaking into my thread, so I have reported them. But some of the members seems helpful so that is a good thing.

Beliad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 7, 2015 5:10am | Report
Beliad wrote:

So far so good but there are a few badly behaving forum trolls sneaking into my thread, so I have reported them. But some of the members seems helpful so that is a good thing.

As i said in the thread they are not forum trolls, they are people who advised against playing on an high ping server. If your mind is made up then you just tell them, you dont dismiss them as trolls.
So im pretty sure none of them will be taken action against.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Beliad » July 7, 2015 9:47am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

As i said in the thread they are not forum trolls, they are people who advised against playing on an high ping server. If your mind is made up then you just tell them, you dont dismiss them as trolls.
So im pretty sure none of them will be taken action against.

This one is one of them, you can read its response in my thread. It starts its posting by attempting to start immature flamewars. I really do not want to have a problematic person like this lurking around in my thread, as I am serious about the thread I posted. Is there an ignore button? I have clicked block on its profile but that didn't seem to do much.

Beliad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 7, 2015 9:57am | Report
Beliad wrote:

This one is one of them, you can read its response in my thread. It starts its posting by attempting to start immature flamewars. I really do not want to have a problematic person like this lurking around in my thread, as I am serious about the thread I posted. Is there an ignore button? I have clicked block on its profile but that didn't seem to do much.

Mate, you have a serious attitude problem. If you don't want to have a discussion where people advise you about every aspect of your idea, don't share that idea, or specify what part of it you are open to discuss and what part you are not (and yeah, I've read your tread on mmr raising through Lycan).

Btw, I am a 25 year old, so I guess I can speak about this without having you dismiss me as another "childish troll". You were really rude, both in your initial post and here. Timminatorr is a good community member in Dota Fire, and one which I have never seen start "flamewars". Consider that if you have that bad attitude, people won't be inclined to share their views with you, nor take you seriously.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved